Senior Developer -Life Insurance
We are inviting applications for Senior Developer _ Life Insurance business for a Multi National Insurance company based in UK.
Our client is a fully e-commerce environment and as such are totally reliant on ability to deliver a high quality product to market.
Application development of our client proposition is therefore core to the success of the company.
As such this is a key role that sets and develops the companies electronic proposition as its key asset.
Good application developers are therefore essential and candidates should have a proven track record of success, by having lead a technical team elsewhere.
We are seeking a senior developer to join an experienced Life Insurance development team based close to the station in Surrey . This is easily commutable from London.
Team of 9 very experienced application developers have built and continue to develop and support the life insurance platform for a leading insurance company.
We require a very competent developer who can
- Quickly integrate with the existing team.
- Full life-cycle development experience in Insurance or Banking desirable.
- Candidates must have worked in an environment where Scrum project management and agile development (TDD, continuous integration, iterations etc) have been used and extensively practised. (Experience working in an agile environment is required).
- Develop eCommerce applications.
- Be responsible for developing and delivering core components of our architecture that drive our eCommerce business. Because we are such a small team, a senior developer must be of a very high standard in application design, development, project methodologies and controls.
- Understand and function successfully in a TDD environment.
- Furthermore, the ideal candidate may need to manage a team of junior developers in the absence of the Technical project Manager
Required At least 3-5 years experience in a similar role.
Additional Desirable Experience Life Assurance or Banking Details
Skills & Knowledge
Educational Requirements Graduate
IT skills - .NET web application development in c# (mandatory) – 5 years development experience
- Web logic/Java - nice to have
- ORM - hibernate, nHibernate etc - mandatory
- Spring or other dependency injection - mandatory
- SQL*Server, Oracle - experience in one mandatory
- Test driven development - mandatory
- Ability to carry out Technical Architecture role in design and POC activities
- A pro-active individual who shows initiative & takes responsibility for their own decisions
- A good team-player who encourages feedback & is able to delegate & seek help when appropriate
- An effective & well-presented communicator both verbally & in writing
- An analytical, problem-solver who is able to quickly & accurately identify key issues
- A well-organised planner who will follow rules & procedures when appropriate
- An innovator who will thrive in a pressurized & dynamic environment & embraces change
- A professional & discreet operator focused on stakeholder needs