Relationship Manager-Commercial Banking
City of London, England
Purpose of the Job
Our client is an international Commercial Bank from Africa having their operations in UK Markets. Our client is the largest bank in Commercial banking in their country. Our client is strengthening their Commercial Banking team & looking to hire a Relationship Manager in London with Reporting to Head of Commercial Banking.
The role will be required to undertake complex sales processes and/or sales of products to sector specific markets. Retention of quality business by maintenance of relationships/consultancy with existing/prospective customers will occur.
Key Accountabilities Performance Indicators
- Identify prospects and generate contact programme.
- Quality/level of prospects identified.
- Selectivity of approach and timeliness.
- Identify customer requirements, analyse needs and match these to the appropriate service to be sold (bespoke where necessary). Typically through customer meetings and response to tender documents.
- Quality of analysis/assessments given.
- Feedback on quality of tender input.
- Performance against target.
- Give tailored presentations and/or demonstrations of products and identify features and benefits that meet the customer needs to progress the sale.
- Quality of presentations/demonstrations.
- Performance against targets.
- Analyse evolving customer needs through consultancy relationship building.
- Appropriate level of liaison maintained.
- Feedback and involvement re: product development.
- Co-ordinate implementation process of sales made.
- Effective management of implementation process to delivery.
- Manage own compliance/contingency/risk issues.
- Adhere to Bank policy, legislation and regulatory rules.
- Feedback from internal compliance audit.
- Undertake presentation and develop relationships within and outside the Bank to promote products and services.
- Quality and level of leads/introduction achieved.
- Feedback from other areas on quality of relationships.
- Sales experience.
- Proven interpersonal skills.
- Product Knowledge - specific.
- Professionally qualified.
- Customer Orientation
- Information Gathering
- Information Search
- Interpersonal Search
- Problem Solving
- Analytical Skills
- Solution Finding
- Team Working
- Team Skills
- Business Risk Management Knowledge
- Market & Industry Knowledge
- Processing & Procedural Knowledge
- Product & Services Knowledge
The ideal candidate must have knowledge about Africa Market in depth & Knowledge about Trade Finance.